Wednesday, April 28, 2010

adding a bit of fabric to a date leaf basket

A few days ago we had a chance to spend our week end in Abbotabad a beautiful city of Pakistan i bought this color full date leaf basket from a man there who was selling his stuff on a bicycle i wish i had a picture of his beautifully decorated mobile shop .




the edges of this basket were a bit rough and also very delicate i feared that if one of the dried leaf link gets broken it might damage the knitting of the basket so i decided to cover it with some coordinating colored fabric ,i took two strips of the fabric one for the basket and one for the lid.



spray the fabric strips with water and iron the outer edges to the middle like this.






then covered the raw edge with the help of a needle and thread,




over lap the ending edges of the fabric to give a neat look.

the lid was also done in the same manner.








hot glued a double YOYO flower to the center of the lid and thus added a bit more fun look to my cute basket,hope you like the idea too :)



13 comments:

  1. Nice job!
    I am following your blog from follow Friday!

    Scarlet
    http://www.momswearyourtees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever fix for a colorful basket! I like what you did on the top with the button. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm part of the blog button swap. I'm grabbing your button..Nice craft blog..I am also following..

    Jo
    http://joshealthcorner.blogspot.com/2010/04/button-swap-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with them! Glad to be here and I also grabbed your button and I am a new follower! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm following you! Your button has been grabbed and added to my blog roll!

    http://bonsvivantsblog.blogspot.com/1977/03/blog-roll.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stopping by from the Button Swap...I've grabbed your button. Come visit me at:

    http://www.esbechic.com/

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. It's look awesome. I think I have couple of baskets like that in my yard sale box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for grabbing my button. I added yours too.
    BCD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow you through Friday Follow;-)

    http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

    Jeanette Huston

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear,

    I believe the basket will be very practical~Right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. 120-character topic can provide 15 terms at 8 characters
    each (not counting spaces).

    Here is my blog post :: promovare magazin online

    ReplyDelete

i am anxiously waiting for your comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails